1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, sliced (you can use any potato, but Yukon or red potatoes are best)
1 8-oz. tub light cream cheese spread with chives and onion
3/4 c. milk
1/4 c. finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1 T. snipped fresh tarragon or 1/2 t. dried tarragon
8 oz. cooked boneless ham, cut in bite-sized pieces
1 lb. fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, cut in 2 to 3 inch pieces
- In medium saucepan cook potatoes, covered, in small amount of lightly salted boiling water 5 to 7 minutes, just until tender. Drain; transfer to bowl and set aside.
- For sauce, in same pan combine cream cheese, milk, 2 T. Parmesan, and 1/4 t. black pepper. Heat and whisk until smooth and cheese is melted. Remove form heat; stir in tarragon.
- Layer potatoes, ham, asparagus, and sauce in 1 1/2 qt. baking dish. Bake, covered, at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle remaining Parmesan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Top with tarragon and freshly ground black pepper. Serves 4.