1 rounded c shredded zucchini (I chopped mine in my mini food processor)
1 c sorghum flour
1/2 c tapioca starch
2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
3/4 t xanthan gum
1/2 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1 c brown sugar
1/3 c light olive oil or coconut oil (I used coconut)
1 t fresh lemon or lime juice
2 egg whites, beaten
1/4 c coconut milk (I used So Delicious in the carton, per instructions from the original recipe)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9 inch loaf pan with a piece of parchment paper. Lightly oil it.
- Press the grated zucchini with a paper towel to remove as much moisture as you can.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sorghum flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, and cinnamon. Add in the brown sugar.
- Add the oil, lemon juice, egg whites, and the coconut milk. Beat to combine and continue to beat on medium high until the batter is smooth- about two minutes.
- Add the shredded zucchini. Mix well.
- Scoop and scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and even out the top.
- Bake in the center of a preheated oven until the top is golden and firm, yet gives a bit when lightly touched. It should feel slightly springy. This may take anywhere from 50 to 60 minutes. (It took mine 60 minutes). Test with a thin sharp knife or a wooden pick- either should emerge with no crumbs or batter.