6 c fresh turkey or chicken stock, divided
1 1/2 stalks celery
2 medium carrots
4 T butter (1/2 cube)
1/4 c gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour)
1 c light cream
1/2 c cooked turkey or chicken, diced
1 c cooked rice (I used brown)
salt and pepper to taste
- To make stock, add 3 quarts water and 1 T salt to chicken or turkey carcass and simmer for several hours, then strain.
- Chop onion, carrots, and celery very fine (I chopped mine in a mini food processor). Simmer vegetables in a covered pan with 1 c stock for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Melt butter over medium heat, then add flour, stirring constantly. Add cream, and stir until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Add vegetables and remaining 5 c stock. Stir well.
- Bring to a simmer and lower heat, cooking for 10 minutes.
- Add turkey or chicken and rice and season to taste.