1 whole chicken (mine was 5 1/2 lbs)
Fresh ground pepper
1 onion, peeled and quartered
3 cloves garlic, peeled
2 T canola oil
2 T McCormick Poultry Seasoning
- Wash the chicken and clean out any innards. Pat dry.
- Generously salt and pepper the inside and outside of the chicken.
- Place the peeled and quartered onion and peeled garlic inside the chicken.
- Mix the oil and seasoning, then rub over the outside.
- Bake at 375 in a roasting pan for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until a thermometer inserted in the thigh reads 180 (mine took 2 hours). Let sit about 15 minutes before carving.