Last night I decided I wanted to find a good gf crepe recipe. I searched online and settled on trying this one from thebakingbeauties.com. I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out really well!
1/2 c rice flour
1/2 c tapioca starch
1/2 c cornstarch
1 1/2 tsp potato flour
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 T sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 c milk
2 T vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a larger bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients, whisking until nearly smooth (a few lumps are alright).
- In a hot frying pan (about medium heat) pour approximately 3/4 cup of batter in the middle of the pan. Lift the pan & turn it to distribute the batter over the entire pan. You want your batter to cover the entire bottom of the frying pan when you are done.
- Once there are little holes and air bubbles forming in the top of your pancake, using a spatula, carefully flip the crepe to brown the other side. This does not take long to cook, because they are so thin.
- My husband cooked these, as he's the crepe cooking pro. He puts a little butter on the pan before pouring each crepe. We found that towards the end of cooking, the batter was much thicker, and the last crepe was a little rubbery. I think the cornstarch started settling to the bottom of the bowl as he cooked the other crepes. Next time he'll whisk the batter in between cooking each crepe to prevent settling.
- We like our crepes with a few different topping combos: cinnamon and sugar, powdered sugar and lemon juice, Nutella and raspberries, or jam and sour cream.