Monday, September 26, 2011

Applesauce Muffins

I saw the recipe for these this morning on The Gluten-Free Homemaker, and tried them out right away. I need some muffins in my life. They are really good! So good that my whole family likes them. I followed the original recipe exactly, with the exception of the nuts (I don't really care for nuts in my baked goods), so I left them out here.

Ingredients
1 1/2 c. applesauce
4 eggs
3/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. canola or coconut oil
1 c. brown rice flour
1/4 c. sorghum flour
1/2 c. potato starch
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Instructions
  1. Preheat your oven 325°.
  2. Generously grease 18 muffin cups.
  3. In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, eggs, sugar, and oil with a spatula or wooden spoon.
  4. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flours, potato starch, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
  5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until moistened.
  6. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins. 
  7. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until the tops of the muffins spring back when touched lightly.
  8. Cool for several minutes in the muffin pan, then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Allison's notes:
I only have one muffin tin, so I filled my mini-muffin tin with the remaining batter. For me, the regular muffins baked for 20 minutes, while the mini muffins baked for 16.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I made this recipe using canola oil instead of coconut oil. They still turned out great.