1 1/2 c. applesauce
3/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. canola or coconut oil
1 c. brown rice flour
1/4 c. sorghum flour
1/2 c. potato starch
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat your oven 325°.
- Generously grease 18 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, eggs, sugar, and oil with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flours, potato starch, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until the tops of the muffins spring back when touched lightly.
- Cool for several minutes in the muffin pan, then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
I only have one muffin tin, so I filled my mini-muffin tin with the remaining batter. For me, the regular muffins baked for 20 minutes, while the mini muffins baked for 16.