Thursday, October 21, 2010

Apple Crisp

This dessert has always been one of my favorites. I only had to substitute gluten free flour and oats to make it GF. This was my first time trying gluten free oats (and I realized my first time eating oats in 5 months...weird). It turned out wonderfully!

Ingredients:

6-10 apples, depending on size and preference (I use Granny Smith)

Topping:
1 c gluten free flour (I used Shar's GF Baking Master Mix, but you could also try an all-purpose gluten free flour)
1 c gluten free oats (I used Bob's Red Mill brand)
3/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c butter or margarine, softened
1 t cinnamon.

Directions:

  1. Core, peel, and slice apples, then place slices in a 9 x 13 inch pan
  2. Mix topping ingredients (I cut them together with a pastry blender). Sprinkle topping over apples. 
  3. Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes. Serve topped with vanilla ice cream.

No comments: