Friday, September 3, 2010

Pesto Sauce

I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com. Very simple, and a good use for my overgrown basil plant. I made two recipes worth, and plan to freeze the leftover. I stirred the sauce into gf pasta for myself and regular for the rest of the family, then topped with sauted zucchini.
 

Ingredients:
2/3 cup packed, coarsely chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons pine nuts or sunflower kernels
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, peeled

Directions:

  1. In a food processor or blender, combine all the ingredients; cover and process until blended.
Allison's notes:
  1. Vary this by adding additional vegetables, such as broccoli, or cooked chicken or shrimp.
  2. Can also top with extra pine nuts and Parmesan.
  3. Pesto sauce is also terrific on pizza and sandwiches.

No comments: