I found this recipe on realsimple.com. It is simple, although it does have a lot of fiber, which I know isn't the best for some of you. Savannah loves this dish!
1 c. long-grain white rice
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
2 cloves garlic, chopped
salt and pepper
1 tsp. cumin
2 15.5 oz cans black beans, rinsed
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
4 radishes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (I have never included these.)
1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
3. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Stir in the cumin and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the beans, oregano, and 1 c. water. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
6. Add the vinegar. Smash some of the bean with the back of a fork to thicken. Serve over rice. Top with the radishes and cilantro.
**I also like to add some lime juice with the vinegar at the end for a little extra flavor.